Saturday, January 11, 2014


A JOYFUL EXPERIENCE

I knew where the Tully’s was on Lake City Way in Kenmore and made the journey from my RV home on the lake in time for our coffee date.  I checked my hair and lip gloss before exiting the car.  I was nervous.  I asked myself if I was ready for this.  I wasn’t sure, but I would soon find out.  This would be our first face-to-face meeting after many long emails for two weeks sharing our interests and getting to know one another.

 
I entered and she greeted me with a smile and a gentle hug, then we sat down to chat.  I felt like I’d known her all my life.  We talked rapidly, pausing to take a sip of coffee and then reengaging in a lively conversation.  We made plans for a matinee that afternoon and subsequently our dating began: camping, boating, gardening, walking, and going to boat shows, out to eat, to movies, and finally to Hawaii.
 
We shared travels and fun that led us to where we are today.


Now, eight lovely years later, we are domestic partners and have discussed the notion of marrying.  Posting the ad on Craigslist to see if I could meet someone led me to the joyful experience of meeting the love of my life. 
 
by Sue Ferguson
 
This is the response to one of the exercises in my online class, Write about Your Life. Sue has graciously allowed me to use her lovely story.
Ariele M. Huff

No comments:

Post a Comment